This month we have chosen another book as the stimulus for our reading and writing – With Great Power Comes Great Pedagogy.
Six chapters of the book have been made open access this month – if you click the ‘Read an Excerpt’ button you have access to the following:
- Introduction: A Once and Future Pedagogy (Kirtley, Garcia and Carlson)
- Text, Object, Transaction: Reconciling Approaches to the Teaching of Comics (Dale Jacobs)
- Thinking in Comics: All Hands-On in the Classroom (Nick Sousanis)
- Teaching the Unthinkable Image: An Interview with Lynda Barry (Leah Misemer)
- Comic Art Research: Achievements, Shortcomings, and Remedies (John A. Lent)
- Misunderstanding Comics (Johnathan Flowers)
If you would like to join in – chose a chapter, read and then write a 500 word (approx.) response. You can either post your response on your own blog or send it to us (email@example.com ) to publish on Lacunae.
We are a little late setting the text this month, but it would be good to meet an ‘end of the month’ deadline if we can.
We will be aiming to publish responses in early June – let us know if you are joining us so that we can schedule releases.